1. Call school office or teacher if child is absent for more than a day.
2. Return to School After Absence: A note stating the reason for an absence must accompany every child upon returning to school.
3. Have an email account
4. Check your email daily
5. Encourage systematic study and provide proper conditions for home study.
6. Check homework planner daily and teachers’ school website.
7. Support school programs and activities such as parent conferences, Parent Leadership Team Meetings, etc.
8. Read SDGVA Online Newsletters. Inform the office if you are not on our email/mailing list.
9. Contact your child’s teacher as soon as a problem arises. Listen to your child, but don’t form an opinion until you have heard both sides.
10. Question your child daily about school activities.
11. Bring your child and pick your child up on time.
12. Pick up your Extended Care child ASAP. Please understand this is a volunteer service by SDGVA teachers.
If you do not have a computer or a computer with Internet access, please inform your student’s teacher. SDGVA is trying to ‘go green’ by not using paper resources. Free computer access is provided by all San Diego Libraries and two family computer stations will be set-up in the front office and will be available to access the school website, newsletters, and check teacher websites. Access will be available when the office is staffed and opened (not during times office staff is required to cover recess/lunch and professional development or off campus duties).
Financial Support for Your Child’s Academic Success:
Please consider these purchases as imperative to your child’s long-term success as a resilient life-long learner!
1. Homework supplies
2. School Uniform
3. Optional: Enrichment Courses