SDGVA is a free public charter school serving grades TK-8th
Dates to Remember for Interested Families Fall 2020
Important Update: All documentation for proof of preference or enrollment can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to email the documentation please still contact us at email@example.com so we can discuss other possible options.
If you are interested in applying to the school at this time you may still do so, but will be placed on our waitlist until a space becomes available.
Enrollment Steps for New Students
Please make sure to retain login information for your SchoolMint account. Your SchoolMint account will be used to submit your intent to enroll form, check your status, update or make changes to information, and submit additional information as requested.
- Student has sibling who currently attends SDGVA or is a child of a staff member, or founding member of SDGVA
- Student qualifies for free or reduced lunch based on NSLP guidelines
- Student lives within one of the following zip codes: 92102, 92105, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92139
- Student lives within the boundaries of San Diego Unified School District SDUSD School Finder
- Online (SchoolMint): Registration/Enrollment Form
- Online (SchoolMint): Emergency Card & Pickup Authorization
- Online (SchoolMint): Technology Acceptable Use Agreement
- Online (SchoolMint): Media Release Form
- Online (SchoolMint): Walking Field Trip Permission Slip
- Paper: Health & Dental Examination Forms (TK, K, or new to California students only)
- Paper: Original Birth Certificate or Passport
- Paper: Immunization Records (see below for immunizations needed)
- Paper: Proof of Residency Form (SDG&E, Cable, Home Phone, Water, or Lease Agreement)
- Paper: Parent/Student Handbook Acknowledgement
- Paper: Alternative Household Income Form
- English Learner Documents (Copy of recent ELPAC scores)
- Special Education Documents (Most current IEP, Most current 504 Plan, Pysch. Ed Evaluation)
State law requires that all students under age 18 years, pre-kindergarten through grade 12, be immunized against certain diseases unless they are exempt for medical reasons. At the time of registration, SDGVA is required to have proof that your child has received all currently due immunizations.
- 5 Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or TD) 4 doses OK if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday
- 4 Polio (OPV or IPV) 3 doses OK if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Measles, Mumps, & Rubella (MMR) 1st dose on or after 1st birthday
- 2 Varicella (Chickenpox)
- 1 Tdap
Virtual Tour Video
Charter School Complaint Notice and Form
Charter schools are not allowed to discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in the charter school because the pupil exhibits any characteristics such as students with disabilities, academically low-achieving, English learners, neglected or delinquent, homeless, socially economically disadvantaged, foster youth, or based on nationality, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. Charter schools are not allowed to request a pupil's records before enrollment or encourage a child who is enrolled in a charter school to disenroll or transfer to another school. A parent, guardian, or pupil (18 years or older) may file a Charter School Complaint Form to the authorizing entity if they suspect the charter school is in violation of Education Code Section 47605(d)(4).