Parent and Family Engagement
Parent involvement is directly related to high student achievement. Parents and families can be involved in their children's education in a variety of ways. Contact the office if you are interested in helping. Some examples are:
- Tutor a child or a small group of students.
- Read a story to a child or a small group of students.
- Help put together instructional materials.
- Assist students who are learning at a computer.
- Share your expertise in music, dance, poetry, storytelling, computers, etc. share your cultural, travel or career experiences.
Title I, Part A, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as reauthorized by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), requires that local educational agencies (LEAs), conduct outreach to all parents and family members and implement programs, activities, and procedures for the involvement of parents and family members. Such programs, activities, and procedures shall be planned and implemented with meaningful consultation with parents of participating children (ESSA Section 1116[a]).
- More information regarding Title 1, Part A Parent and Family Engagement can be found on the CDE's website at: https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/sw/t1/parentfamilyinvolve.asp
As a component of the school-level parent and family engagement policy developed under ESSA Section 1116(b), each school served under Title I, Part A shall jointly develop with parents for all children served under Title I, Part A, a school-parent compact that outlines how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the State’s high standards (ESSA Section 1116[d]).
Be Involved & Participate
Additionally parents are welcomed and encouraged to attend/participate in our:
- Board of Directors Meetings
- English Language Advisory Committee Meetings (ELAC/DELAC/EL-PAC)
- Parent Universities (see dates below)
- Parent Advisory Committee/ "Coffee with Kane" (see dates below)
- Family Fun Days (see dates below)
- Family Dinner Nights (9/21/23 Rubios Mission Valley)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences (Fall & Spring)
- Open House (Monday October 16th, 2023)